Standard Variable Loan
This loan has a repayment period of up to 30 years and many homebuyers have this type of loan today. The best feature of this loan is that at the end of the full term you’ll have a freehold home.
Mortgage repayments are paid on a monthly, fortnightly or weekly basis.
Some lending institutions offer a discounted start-up period where lower interest rates are offered as an incentive for you to take up this type of Loan. The benefits of this discount (or honeymoon period) for the borrower are short-lived as the remaining years on your loan are charged at a standard variable rate.
The interest rate for Standard Variable Loan is normally higher than the No Frills Loans.
- Repayments fall when official rates fall
- Has added features such as; Extra repayments, Redraw, Low Introductory rate
- Ability to withdraw additional repayments
- Repayments rise when official rates rise
- Rate is higher than Low Frills Home Loan